There are about 100,000 hair follicles on our heads, all of which were with us at birth. As we get older, some of these follicles stop working, and that's how we end up bald or with thin hair.
The speed of our hair growth depends on:
- Hair types
Science has yet to discover how to speed up hair growth, but we have an adequate understanding of hair growth control at the cellular level in our bodies.
One thing is for sure. We have to stimulate growth and keep the hair you do have healthy. But how? Keep reading to find out.
Important factors on hair growing speed.
In the following you will find:
- How fast does hair grow: Natural rate of hair growth
- 10 tips to speed up hair growth naturally
- Best products for fast hair growth
- Key takeaways
Hair growth rate depends on various factors, ranging from your diet and psychological state to even race.
But straight hair, on average, tends to grow between 0.5 and 1.7 centimetres per month (Equivalent to around 0.2 to 0.7 inches).
There are many drugs and supplements that can help you to speed up your hair growth, but if you are looking for home remedies and natural ways, here are ten tips that will help you.
10 tips to grow your hair faster.
The scalp is where hair growth begins. Massaging your scalp helps to increase blood flow, strengthens your roots, and stimulates hair growth. A 2016 research concluded that a scalp massage has positive effects on:
- Stress hormones
- Blood pressure
- Heart rate
Pro tip: Massaging a dry scalp works fine, but adding a nurturing oil will make the task easier and help you to relax more. If you have an oily scalp, a once-a-week scalp massage does the trick.
There are plenty of hair masks that you can make at home or buy to nurture your hair, strengthen your roots, prevent breakage and stimulate growth. Hair masks are among the easiest-to-use fast hair growth products.
Read more: Five Natural Hair Loss Remedies
List of ingredients that help hair to grow faster.
Try rinsing with cool water. Cool water will help close up the cuticle and strengthen hair follicles. But if you can't handle it, tepid water is the next best thing if you can't.
Blow dryers and styling irons can damage your hair by making it dry and brittle, which can lead to breakage and shorter hair length. If you're trying to grow your hair, we recommend air-drying and avoiding heated tools.
If you do use a heat tool, we suggest using a heat-protectant spray.
Going easy on colouring your hair can town down hair breaks offs, and it can seem like it’s growing faster.
A silk or satin pillowcase is better for the health of your hair than cotton pillowcases. Cotton absorbs the moisture from hair strands and leads to tangles and breakage. While using silk or satin to cover your pillows won't necessarily speed up the hair growth process, sleeping them generates less friction and gives your hair a softer surface to rest on.
Also, silk Pillowcases are best friends of black hair, keeping them from getting dry and frizzy.
Keratin-based products can combat dryness and make your hair appear shinier; they can also strengthen your hair and prevent breakage.
How Keratin helps hair to grow faster.
The protein, which is protective in nature, douses hair with essential oils and nutrients it needs to thrive, making an ideal environment for healthy strands to grow.
Hair ages, just like any other part of our body. That's why we experience hair thinning as we grow older. Aging also limits the speed of hair growth.
By neutralizing free radicals, antioxidants have shown great potential in slowing down the aging process of hair. That's why we recommend that you eat foods high in antioxidants.
Caffeinating your follicles may restore hair growth, promote softer and shinier hair and naturally get rid of gray hairs. You can have a coffee rinse in your home or use hair products with caffeine in them.
Your body needs a variety of nutrients and vitamins to thrive, and so does your hair. Strict diets that might eliminate a whole group of foods (like meat or dairy) can potentially slow down hair growth or even cause hair loss.
Having a balanced diet is another quick hair growth secret.
Strict diets could cause hair loss, among other side effects.
We moisturize from the inside out! So if you drink enough water, you will help your hair to grow. And water means water! No sodas or fizzy pops, or energy drinks.
There are many products on the market for those who need a little help growing their hair fast. So if you need a little help, here is a list of products that will help.
The best products for hair growth.
- Collagen-based products: Your body might be able to use the amino acids in collagen to build hair proteins and strengthen the skin that holds your hair follicles.
- CBD-based products: CBD or hemp can stimulate the formation of new cells on the scalp and enhance new hair growth.
- Essential oils: Lavender, Peppermint, Rosemary, Cedarwood, Lemongrass, Thyme, Clary sage, Tea tree, and Ylang-ylang essential oils may be helpful in fast hair growth for men and women.
- Formula: There are different specific hair growth formulas for men, and each is designed to cater to particular needs.
- Shampoos: Some shampoos serve more significant goals than just cleansing hair—shampoos with certain ingredients like caffeine, hemp, biotin and keratin are among these shampoos that may help to stimulate your follicles.
- Tablets: Oral tablets have shown positive effects for aiding hair growth. They (brands or generics) increase the blood flow to the follicles, helping them get the nutrients they need to thrive.
Having Weird-Al Yankovic-like hair might be easy for some men, but many of us have trouble growing our hair fast. Hair growth rate depends on our age, hair type, and health.
Fast hair growth can be achieved by abiding by simple rules, like having a balanced diet, taking care of scalp hygiene, and simple hair care routines.
There are many natural ways, home remedies, and hair products that will help you to speed up hair growth. Hair growth tips are more or less universal, meaning fast hair growth for black hair or Caucasian hair can be achieved by the same process.
- Your age, race, gender, and overall health determine the rate of your hair growth.
- Naturally, hair grows between 0.5 to 1.7 cm every month (6 to 20 cm each year).
- To speed up hair growth, you can use hair masks and essential oils.
- A balanced diet goes a long way to boost hair growth, as you need lots of vitamins and proteins to grow hair.
- If you need a little help in growing your hair, there are many products available.